Housing Discrimination Form Available

News Release Date
Back to News

EDENTON -- If an individual feels they have been discriminated against for housing in the Town of Edenton, there is an option available to you. Please read the following discrimination complaint procedure, as provided by the Town of Edenton. An official copy of the document can be found here, or on the Planning Department page. 

Any person or persons wishing to file a complaint of housing discrimination in the Town of Edenton may do so by informing the Town Manager at (252) 482-7352, or the NC Human Relations Commission (919) 807-4420, Fax (919) 807-4435, Toll-Free 1-866-324-7474, of the facts and circumstances of the alleged discriminatory acts or practice. 

Upon receiving a housing discrimination complaint, the Town Manager shall inform the NC Rural Economic Development Division and the North Carolina Human Relations Commission about the complaint within ten (10) calendar days. The Town shall then assist the Commission and the complainant in filing an official written housing discrimination complaint with the Commission, pursuant to the State Fair Housing Act and Title VIII. 

The Town shall assist the Commission in the investigation and conciliation of all housing discrimination complaints which are based on events occurring in the Town of Edenton. 

For more information, contact the Town Planner at (252) 482-2155 extension 182 or visit Town Hall at 400 South Broad Street.